If you are from the South, chances are you love traveling to the Gulf Coast. The white sand beaches of 30a and the surrounding areas are breathtaking. If you want to spice up your beach trip with some new adventures, MyScoop has the top 5 off the beaten path beach activities:
1. Seacrest Wolf Preserve – Wolves…what?!?! Oh yes in Chipley, Florida near Panama City there is a wolf preserve where you can interact with a variety of wolves. The wolf preserve
strives to create a greater awareness of the natural world, and the wild species like wolves through rare hands on wolf-human interaction. My daughter and I have visited the Seacrest Wolf Preserve on one of their Saturday visits and it was quite the experience. It is a safe, well secured environment and the wolves are so friendly. We were able to pet the wolves and
even received a few kisses. In addition to the wolf preserve there is also a section for small animals like skunks, foxes, etc. We got to hold a baby skunk which was probably the cutest baby animal I have ever seen (and no it did not stink).
2. Justin Gaffery Gallery – Renowned artist Justin Gaffery’s studio located in Blue Mountain Beach is a must visit. His paintings are so unique and intensely captivating. Recently launching a new style incorporating welding into the canvas to create 3 dimensional works of art, Justin’s creations will mesmerize you. Whether you are an art aficionado or just love the beauty of Justin’s work, one of his paintings should find a home on your wall. His peacock painting is featured on Tracery: The Art of Southern Design book that just published.
3. Art Of Entertaining Series At The Pearl – The Art of Entertaining series at The Pearl in Rosemary Beach is an ongoing series of educational workshops throughout the year. Two upcoming classes include: Pickles, Preserves and Conserves with Executive Chef Matt Moore Tuesday, March 31st, 2pm-4pm The Hemingway Room @ The Pearl- $35 per person. In this Pickling and Preserving class, you’ll learn the difference between preserves, gastriques, jams, and brines. You’ll preserve fruits and vegetables using vinegar, brine and/or sugar and take home jars of the jams & pickles you’ve made, and Flower Arranging like a Pro with Amanda Liartis April 4th 10:30am-12pm, $35, The Hemingway Room @ The Pearl. Floral arranging is much more than simply putting a bunch of flowers into a vase and filling it with water. Learning the basics of floral arranging will help you put together a simple vase of flowers so that it looks elegant, professional and classy. In this course you are going to learn the fundamentals of floral arranging, from the basic tools you will need, to how to prepare for a big event and be able to pull it off with confidence. In this class you will learn the elements and principles of design, how to use the flowers and foliage available to you in your area, and the mechanics of arranging flowers in vases and in floral foam arrangements. Snacks & Punch included.
4. YOLO Board Adventures At WaterColor BoatHouse – YOLO Board Adventures at the WaterColor BoatHouse offers the opportunity to experience what many consider the world’s fastest growing watersport, stand up paddleboarding. Stand up paddleboarding is an easy-to-learn, adaptable activity perfect for families and perfect for exploring Western Lake, one of South Walton’s rare coastal dune lakes. The low impact activity is suitable for anyone from children to seniors and offers the chance to explore the natural beauty of WaterColor from a unique vantage point.
5. Kayaking At Ecofina Creek And Springs – For Florida’s most beautiful canoe trail, Econfina Creek Canoe Livery of Panama City, FL provides canoe and kayak rentals for your journey to the 6 crystal clear springs. Canoe rental $45.00; Kayak rental at $35.00 and $45.00; shuttle cost $20.00 which includes launch fees and full pick-up.