Everyday you may commit one of these hair don’ts, so before you ruin your mane make sure you are eliminating these bad habits:
1. Never brush your hair when it’s wet. Especially if your hair is curly. Brushing your hair when it’s wet can cause your hair to break. Use wide-toothed combs – and work your way up from the tip to the roots.
2. Rubbing your wet hair with a towel. Never rub – always pat. When you’re rubbing your hair, you’re causing friction between the strands, this can break your hair and can increase fly-aways. Gently squeeze the excess water out of your hair, then pat with a towel.
3. Blow-drying your hair when it’s soaking wet. All this does is make the total drying time much longer – which means that your hair is exposed to heat for a longer period of time. After gently squeezing out the excess water from your hair, wrap a towel around your head to soak up some more water for about 5-10 minutes. By then, your hair should be “towel-dried”. This is the best time to blow-dry your manes.
4. Using old brushes and combs. Using old brushes and combs (as in some of the teeth from the combs are misshaped and/or gone and the brushes do not look the same anymore) could cause your hair to break, snag, and tangle.
5. Straightening your hair every day. The more heat damage you put your hair through, the faster the hair is damaged. Straightening irons put your hair through much more stress than blow dryers.