- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 batch rose petal frosting
- Sugared rose petals, for garnish
- 24 compartment muffin tin – 2″ diameter
In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until pale yellow. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
Next, measure the milk into a large glass measuring cup, and put it in a microwave set on high for 2 minutes. Add the scalded milk to the batter in a slow stream, beating until well combined. In the same measuring cup, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the melted butter to the batter along with the vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rose petal syrupPut the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a mixer and, using the paddle attachment on high, beat until the two are incorporated. Add the sugar and beat one minute more. Add the vanilla and rose petal syrup and beat until a uniform pink. Refrigerate until ready to use. Let come to room temperature before using.
- At least 24 pesticide free rose petals, pink, red, yellow or a combination
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup sugarUsing a pastry brush, brush the petals with simple syrup and gently toss them in the sugar, making sure to coat both sides. Lay them on a cooling rack and allow them to dry overnight. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 24 petals