It’s the holidays and almost New Years’ Eve and if you are looking for great hair on a dime, here are some flawless looks that you can do yourself.
The Top Knot, similar to the Carrie Bradshaw’s
- Brush out your hair so that it’s nice and smooth
- Flip your head over and put your hair in a high ponytail at the top of your head and secure with a hair tie. (Use a hair tie color closest to your hair color)
- Twist, braid, or simply wrap your ponytail hair around the hair tie to create a smooth “knot” and secure with a second hair tie.
- Use bobby pins to secure any loose pieces.
- Spray with a little bit of hairspray and use to smooth out any frizzies.
For something softer:
- Create a deep side part when hair is wet
- Then blow dry hair using hands.
- Next, with a one 1/4 inch curling iron, curl your hair.
- Then pull your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, leaving a few pieces in front to frame the face,
- Secure with a piece of hair from the underneath by wrapping it around the base of the ponytail; this creates a beautiful, clean hold.
For something in between (half up do):
- Once hair is dried, used a one inch curling iron and curled from the bottom of the hair to create tousled undone waves.
- Leaving a few pieces in front to frame the face, pull the hair from the sides to the center and secure with bobby pins.
- Leave the rest of the hair down, in front of the shoulders to keep the look modern.
- To secure the look, apply hairspray to maintain the look.