More and more studies show, slabbing on SPF and staying out of the sun are not the only ways to delay aging. Beauty is only skin deep but when it comes to aging, it’s another story. New research on sleep, stress, nutrition and technology indicates that there are things we can do beyond indulging in anti-aging products to drink from the fountain of youth.
Here is a unique round up of 5 Anti-aging Gadgets and Tricks that help turn back the clock…but you won’t find in the beauty aisle.
- Lack of sleep and long-term stress affect the appearance of skin, not to mention it can lead to more serious effects such as heart disease and stroke. The Natural Frequency in Philip Stein watches have been clinically shown to reduce stress and promote longer and more refreshing sleep. www.philipstein.com
- The Aloe Dream Mate Pillow almost seems too good to be true. While you catch ZZZ’s, your skin is moisturized all night long by the pillow cover, which is infused with Aloe Vera. The lining of the pillow also regulates the temperature of the skin, allowing users to achieve longer periods of deep sleep. www.naturaworld.com/pillow-aloe
- You may be eating your fruits and veggies and you may even be popping a multi-vitamin each day, but research shows that this may not be enough—supplementing your diet with antioxidants is crucial for anti-aging. Not only are antioxidants effective in preventing cancer and heart disease, scientists believe that they have anti-aging and preventative properties. USANA Health Sciences has a great Mega Antioxidant product that offers an unparalleled range of antioxidant nutrients for protection against oxidative stress. www.usana.com
- Using red and amber light technology developed by NASA, Baby Quasar as designed the Anti-Aging Light Therapy to promote the production of collagen. This anti-aging device aids in eliminating fine lines and wrinkles and its anti-inflammatory properties help to firm skin and enable healthy blood circulation. www.babyquasar.com
- Dark chocolate’s key ingredient is flavonoids, which reduces cell damage caused by free radicals. Dark chocolate can also help in reducing high blood pressure and bad LDL cholesterol to keep the heart healthy.